An English-language graduate program at the University of Tokyo


The University of Tokyo's International Center provides advise and counseling for foreign students attending the University of Tokyo. For detailed information about living in Japan and studying at the University of Tokyo, please see the following:

International Student Handbook
University Accommodations

The University of Tokyo's Housing Office provides information about accommodations for graduate students enrolled at the university. These residences accept applications twice a year. If you wish to reside in university housing, you must submit an application form to the ITASIA International Students Office by mid-January (for an April move-in-date) or around July (for an October move-in-date). Since availability is limited, the program is unable to guarantee housing. Students are encouraged to apply early.

Please visit the Housing Office's Accommodations Offered by UTokyo webpage.

Private Accommodations

Students may elect to live in private housing offered by private corporations not affiliated with the University of Tokyo.

For information regarding associated student residences, rental apartments, guest houses, and hotels nearby the University of Tokyo campuses, please visit the Housing Office's Private Accommodations webpage.